Despite modern surveillance technology making it more difficult to get away with crime, the homeless are one of the few groups against whom violence actually has increased over the past few decades. According to National Coalition for the Homeless (NCH), homelessness has become increasingly prevalent in the United States, and so has the backlash against them. From police brutality to other lethal and non-lethal attacks, the rates of such documented crimes against the homeless are seeing an annual upward surge since 1999. These issues are overlooked by most authorities, and it has only led to rising threats to the safety of homeless people, who already have a shorter life expectancy than average Americans.
- Capitol Riot Video Evidence finds Rocklin Man guilty of stealing from Mitch McConnell’s office
- ‘Death Sentence’: The hidden coronavirus toll in U.S. jails and prisons
- Fentanyl would be added to drug trafficking laws under Missouri proposal
- READ: Michael Flynn requests to withdraw guilty plea
- 4 Invoking Stats About Crimes in the US
- Hello world! on